Since getting my feedback for the making connections module we have been given a few weeks to improve any work from the feedback we were given. The things I needed to improve on my collection from my feedback was drawing more garden flowers in my own style as my original ones looked too much like rifle papers. Also in my feedback it was suggested that I look in to creating a repeat of houses that have gardens as my house repeats were working really well and the addition of a repeat with a garden would complement the other designs.
These are the designs I created from drawing more garden flowers, I used just the flower one its own in some designs and then in others I made a chain of flowers with it and then used this in conjunction with the doors and then on there own as well. I think these flowers have worked really well to create the feel of rifle papers style but they have more of my own style in them as well. I’m really glad I have changed them as it is more unique to me now.
In addition I created another design from the feedback I was given, I took a different drawing I done of a house then added in the garden element to it. I done this as a digital print then I free machine stitched the black detail of the houses then I also stitched the flowers for the garden too. This took a lot of time to done but it was worth it a I really like the finish it has given.
I also then wanted to try some more digital stitch so I could have a better understand of it before I went in t my last year, I decided to take my flower design and repeat on one of the bigger stitch machines as I have never done that before. I am really happen with the outcome of this design however it did pucker a bit and I wanted to try it on black fabric however due to unforeseen circumstances Maggie couldn’t come in so I couldn’t get this done.
I then went back to some of my paper sample and changed the scale of them to improve them a bit, furthermore from doing the degree show buddy system they inspired me to try and get my work printed professionally so it was to a higher standard. So I printed my some of my paper sample on to wallpaper using the company they suggested ‘bags of love’. I also used this company to print the new digitally printed work I did on to fabric. I’m really glad I did then as the prints come out really well and I was able to order a sample pack which will really help me out for next year if I want to digitally print again. Furthermore by using this company for this project it has allowed me to see what they are like before my 3rd year so I was able to test it with them before my degree show.
Therefore I believe to degree show buddy system was really help as it showed what is need to make my own degree show look really professional and to a high standard. furthermore due to helping out with the degree show it has actually influences the work in my current brief as it has allowed me to find companies that a good and reliable at printing digital. Furthermore due to do the degree I decided that I need to remount my headers as by having consistency through the headers is key for have a professional finish and I wasn’t getting this through my previous headers. Therefore I am glad that we have had these few weeks to improve work as it has given me the time to create different designs that work better which my collection and creative an over all better collection.